A color bomb for the hair, or color ball as some say, has become incredibly popular and is super good for keeping the hair color nice between colors.
However, there are some questions and misunderstandings about these so I have now summarized 10 necessary facts that are important to know for you who use / want to use these color bombs :)
10 facts about color bomb for hair:
1. A color bomb for the hair is not a hair color, but a hair wrap with pigment that settles superficially on the hair. Used to enhance the hair color you already have. It does not wear on the hair at all - on the contrary! The wrap is caring just like a hair wrap.
2. The pigments are difficult to attach to untreated hair, and will therefore probably not attach to your growth. I recommend not using color bombs at all if you have completely uncolored hair.
3. Color bombs for light hair colors are used to enhance the blonde hue. If you want to get rid of a yellow / orange tone without getting a cold blonde color, you can mix a violet wrap with a blonde / beige.
4. A hair color bomb can not be used to lighten your hair color.
5. If you, like me, have an umbrella dye, it can be difficult to apply the wrap in the shower without it sticking in the lengths - but it is actually possible to apply in dry hair as well! Then it is much easier to see where it should be applied.
6. Use for the whole hair, however, is done just like a regular hair wrap, in towel-dried hair after shampooing, before conditioner.
7. Wear gloves to avoid having colored hands after using the wrap, it can be difficult to remove from the skin. When I apply to the scalp in dry hair, I use a foundation brush, works great.
8. The pigments from the packaging are washed out over and over again, and if you have a colorful hair color, you should supplement with the color bomb every shower. Otherwise, repeat as needed.
9. You can also "play" with color bombs, you do not have to match your own hair color. If you e.g. have colored brown hair and want a more red tone, then you can have in a red color bomb in your hair.
For my new hair color I now use Revlon Professional Nutri Color Cream (adlink) in the shade 500 Purple Red which is a purple-red color, just like my hair color. I can also recommend Maria Nila Color Refresh (adlink) in the shade Autumn red which I have also tested, my hairdresser sells both brands and it is also great!
Hope you who are hungry / already use color packaging for your hair became a little wiser!