Today's make-up is a brown smoky eyeliner but also a bit of an insight into my brain, such a classic "full day" that you can have sometimes. Or is it just me? :)
You know when you really understand yourself that it is 100% mentally and is not based at all on anything concrete, probably hormonal? But at the same time, you do not know if you are actually as good-looking as usual and only have brain ghosts, or if you are always this ugly but the rest of the month you are just happily unaware of it haha.
Note I write this with laughter and lightness :) Even if the feelings are genuine, I can laugh at it and understand that it's just a bad day.
I also want to emphasize the fact that you do not have to look good either! But the makeup pictures is part of my job and the purpose is to inspire people, but I just felt "this ugly face will have the opposite effect!" Lol!
Anyway, I felt so ugly that I even took a role model before I put on makeup because I thought that now damn it makes a difference hahaha.
Brown smoky eyeliner before and after:
- Braided the hair into two tight baked braids, after moisturizing the hair a little before.
- Did my makeup. A base with a lot of concealer and fake freckles. Quick and easy but invigorating eye makeup with brown smoky eyeliner.
- Let go of the hair, wavy after the braids! Lots of volume spray and dry shampoo.
- Styled the fringe a little to the sides with straighteners. I who basically never use styling tools anymore.
And then I looked like this :)
Since the ugliness is in the brain, I did not suddenly become super handsome afterwards either immediately, a little Miss Piggy effect;) But it felt better!
Face primer - Paese Makeup Base (Mattifying)
Foundation - Pixi H2O Skintint (2 Nude)
Concealer - glo Skin Beauty Under Eye Concealer (Golden)
Powder that neutralizes redness - glo Skin Beauty Redness relief powder
Powder - Paese Bamboo Silk Powder
Contouring - Paese Contouring Palette (2)
Rouge - Paese Powder Blush (57)
Fixing Mist - Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist
Freckles - Paese Kashmir Eyeshadow (604)
Lipstick - glo Skin Beauty Lipstick (Knockout)
A brown smoky eyeliner can be made very quickly, no direct precision is required because it is 1. smoky and 2. is brown, which is easier to work with than e.g. a black shadow that more easily becomes greyish and "sticky" when you are working on it.
- Eye primer at the bottom of the eyelid, Paese Beauty Record Eye Primer
- Brown eye shadow sooted like a sooty wing, Paese Kashmir Eyeshadow (604)
- The same shade along the entire lash line, but sharper
(the brush I used for this is Nanshy Angled Detailer)
- Light shadow over the brown eyeliner, Paese Kashmir Eyeshadow (667)
- Small "spike" with brown shadow in the corner of the eye, for more cat eye shape.
- Black mascara on the upper lashes, Magnetic Lash Mascara
My waterline is tattooed light. So for exactly the same eyes, you can supplement with glo Skin Beauty Eye Pencil (Peach) too.
A nice lipstick really cheers up too :) ♥