Soon it's October and for the first time in my whole life I'm early with a Halloween makeup! Here I have done a "Colorful Skull Makeup" :)
Feel free to check out my other make-up as well -> ”Halloween Pumkin Makeup Tutorial”
I do not like to smudge and feel bad from blood, so in the middle of all the unpleasant costumes I would like to liven up with a little color :) Here comes a colorful skull look!
What do you think? What I like about skull make-up is that you are very dressed up but can at the same time feel good-looking! Sharp cheekbones are really nice as well haha :)
It was very difficult to capture in the picture but in reality the make-up was even more cold and glowy as I have a light silver eye shadow (with luster, not glitter) as a highlighter on cheekbones, chin and a little here and there on the effects on the face. Became very cool!
The eye shadow I used as a highlighter is the lightest shade in the 3 palette Paese Opal Trio Eyeshadow in the shade Ice Queen.
What do you think of the Colorful Skull Makeup look? :) I've actually never done a skull make-up before, I'm amazed, but I think it was a lot of fun! The teeth were a little hard to get and I did a little too many at first which I made up over later, but otherwise it was not so tricky actually!
Make a full-coverage base and apply make-up over the lips with foundation as well. I used mineral foundation for this as it is so easy to sweep over the lips to make them skin colored. In addition, it is easy to improve if there is something you need to correct when applying make-up.
Primer - Pixi Flawless & Poreless Primer
Foundation - gloMinerals Pressed Base Foundation (Golden Medium)
Matt highlighter - Pixi Contour Creator
Fixing mist - Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist
2. White eye shadow that lights up, Paese Kashmir eyeshadow (601)
I used the brush Nanshy Pencil Brush.
3. Mix the eyeshadow with Kryolan Cake Liner Sealer which is a liquid that, among other things, turns eye shadows into liquid eyeliners. It becomes more durable then and in addition the white color becomes more pigment-rich and sharp.
I did not put over the whole teeth but mostly at the edges, because there will be a little more life and dimensions in the make-up then than if each tooth looks like a chalk-white piece of sugar.
4. Black eye shadow around the teeth. Do not make them completely square, but keep in mind that there is often some space between the teeth. Paese Kashmir Eyeshadow (602)
5. Turquoise and yellow eye shadow over the upper row of teeth, Paese Neo Eyeshadow in shades 687 and 662.
6. A little pinkish purple eyeshadow over the yellow, Paese Neo Eyeshadow (650)
7. Black eye shadow under the cheekbones and on the sides of the chin, Paese cashmere eyeshadow (602)
8. Blue eye shadow below the lower row of teeth, Paese Neo Eyeshadow (660)
9. White eye shadow to create more life, both on the colorful shadows and under the black shadow at the cheekbones and chin.
Paese cashmere eyeshadow (601)
10. Black eyeliner at the cheekbones, chin and then up into the temple and along the entire hairline.
I have used Kryolan HD Cream Liner which fits super well! You get a carbon black result, easy application as the eyeliner is a cream in a jar, and you do not need to fix with powder but it dries by itself. How good!
In this step, I also made up 2 of the teeth, as I realized that my line of teeth was a bit too long. But it went super easy.
11. The same eyeliner also under the eyebrows
12. Fill in the brows with turquoise eye shadow, and a little black on the outer edges.
Paese Neo Eyeshadow (687)
Paese Kashmir Eyeshadow (602)
Then white eye shadow under the eyebrows and a little here and there around the black details at the cheekbones / chin / temples. Paese Kashmir eyeshadow (601)
13. Do any make-up around the eyes!
I did not photograph the eyes step by step as it had become such a long post. But briefly I have put yellow on the inside, turquoise and blue in the middle, purple pink on the outside, brown along the crease line, eyeliner with wing, white eye shadow over the eyeliner wing and on the bottom of the lower lash line, black shadow smoky on the lower lash line, and finish with mascara.
Colorful eye shadows - Paese Neo Eyeshadow in shades 650 (purple-pink) 661 (blue) 662 (yellow) and 687 (turquoise)
Black & white eye shadow - Paese Kashmir Eyeshadow in shades 601 (white) and 602 (black)
Eyeliner - Kryolan HD Cream Liner
Mascara - Magnetic Lash Mascara
It is not so much visible in the pictures but then I used the dark gray and the silver eyeshadow out the palette Paese Opal Eyeshadow (Ice Queen) for a more silvery effect on the face. I have shaded the gray one at the cheekbone and along the hairline, and I have the light silvery one as a highlighter on the cheekbone, chin and forehead.
14. Black, turquoise and then a little silver gray on the nose!
Kryolan HD Cream Liner
Paese Neo Eyeshadow (687)
Paese Opal Trio Eyeshadow (Ice Queen)
15. And the last step - Liven up more more pink! I put this on the chin, cheekbones, hairline, over the eyebrows and under the eyes.
Paese Neo Eyeshadow (650)
The scalp is sprayed with Vision Haircare Cover Up (Black) (Adlink) which is an outgrowth spray that is good when it's time to dye your hair. Or as I usually use it sometimes - to vary :)
I sprayed it out a bit in the lengths as well but it stained easily so do not spray too much. Tip! Finish with hair spray so that it does not discolour as easily.
All products that are used for makeup are available for purchase in my webshop Creativemakeup.se!
Hope you were inspired and liked my Colorful Skull Makeup! ♥