Here are step by step the party make-up / party makeup I had on New Year's Eve! I did not feel ugly right away I can admit;)
It felt like a little extra important to start 2021 at the top! With glitter makeup and Hollywood curls.
I even managed to curl my hair nicely, I who can not even curl the hair on myself. Only it felt like a good sign, right? ;)
We were just at home. Ate fine dining, had disco lamp for Mileya (soon 2 years) and popped music! But even though it was not a real party, I had my nicest jumpsuit that was bought when I was nominated for the Blog Awards 2014, pink fluff sweater, glitter nails, curly hair and a proper party make-up with a grid and smoky eyeliner!
It sounds like a lot, but I really think this eye makeup is a perfect party makeup for many! It is very festive but not too dark, not too protruding (earthy eye shadows and neutral lip color) and is pretty easy to do too.
Here is the result! I look quite tanned but it is 100 kg bronzer. I'm really pale hehe.
Party makeup - Product list base, eyebrows & lips:
All products are in my web shop Creativemakeup.se!
Face primer - Paese Makeup Base (Mattifying)
Foundation - Pixi H2O Skintint (2 Nude)
Concealer - glo Skin Beauty Under Eye Concealer (Golden)
Powder that neutralizes redness - glo Skin Beauty Redness relief powder
Powder - Paese Bamboo Silk Powder
Contouring - Paese Contouring Palette (2)
Rouge - Paese Powder Blush (57)
Fixing Mist - Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist
Freckles & brow shadow - Paese Kashmir Eyeshadow (604)
Bryngel (+ caring) - Refectocil Styling Gel
The glitter is made of cellulose from trees and is biodegradable in nature ♥
Party makeup - step by step:
All products are in my web shop Creativemakeup.se.
- Eye primer, Pixi Eye bright Primer
Light eye shadow on the inside of the eyelid and in the corner of the eye, glo Skin Beauty Eyeshadow Quad (Bon Voyage)
- Medium brown shimmer shadow in the middle of the eyelid, glo Skin Beauty Eyeshadow Quad (Bon Voyage)
- Dark brown shadow at the end of the eyelid, glo Skin Beauty Eyeshadow Quad (Bon Voyage)
- Take a small brush and shape the outer edge like a sharp cat eye (not so carefully, mostly to sketch the shape)
- Fade the edge, but still leave the underside a little sharp
Medium brown shade along the globe line
- Dark brown shadow under the eye
- Black eyeshadow as smoky eyeliner with wing, Paese Kashmir Eyeshadow (602)
- Glitter in the middle of the eyelid and under the eye, Mood Wood Natural Glitter (Purple) attached with Kryolan Cake Liner Sealer.
- Black mascara on all lashes, Magnetic Lash Mascara
Clear! A nice party makeup that sparkles magically!
Curl your hair on yourself:
I have received some questions (when I posted pictures of my party makeup on insta story on New Year's Eve @helenaamiley) about how I have curled my hair. Actually, I'm totally pissed (!) At curling my own hair, but this is what I did anyway:
I have used:
- A narrow cone-shaped curling iron (narrower than standard)
- A straightener / styler
I actually recommend a thicker curling iron, but you take what you have and since mine is narrow, I took very thick loops instead. Otherwise there will be small corkscrews :)
Here's what I did:
- Divide the hair and start curling the under hair.
- Spin a large loop around the tongs, quite sloppy, I did not brush my hair before either.
- Just hold for a short while, so it does not get too attracted.
- Do the same throughout the hair.
The result was not very nice:
- Therefore, take a pair of pliers and pull a little on the loops closest to the face (to make the lids softer against the face)
- Flatten the tops of some loops as well. For a slightly more mischievous look.
- When the curls cooled (not when they are hot) so spray lots of dry shampoo and texture spray on the scalp. Ruffle up properly with your fingers. Headbanga.
- Pull your fingers through your hair for even softer curls.
Clear! Perfect complement to your party makeup!
One last tip: Do not check with a rear view mirror. I skipped it and was happily unaware of what it looked like in the back. Maybe it was really nice! Maybe disaster. Nobody knows :)
Party makeup - tips for beginners:
- Make a smoky eyeliner with a wing instead of a sharp one. It gets festive and is easier because you do not have to be steady on your hand.
- You can also skip the wing completely. A regular smoky eyeliner is nice too!
- Remember to buy something to attach the glitter with! Or buy a ready-made liquid glitter. Loose glitter does not adhere with just eye primers.
- It does not have to be dark / rich in pigment around the whole eye. I put most of the focus closest to the eye! Then soft tones that are pretty close to my own skin tone to the fade. The make-up will then both be easier to do, and is more comfortable to wear if you are above a lot of make-up.
And if it gets crazy, you can just put glitter on the whole eye, then you conjure away all makeup mistakes but still have a crazy nice party makeup;) Glitter is always right!
Ready for 2021!
I may have finished 2020 with a crashed car in the holidays (it went well with me and Miska, less good for the car) and a car that does not start (our camper van that we build) and thus have to take a bus even though we actually own two bilar. But I was at least happy and grateful that the cars broke down just before the turn of the year - what if it had been my start in 2021!
Then you would have been satisfied :) But the year has started well, I must say!
Except when Miska called me on the bus yesterday to get chatting home - he sighs "no but what happens now then?”. Then the bus had technical problems and suddenly stopped in the middle of the road! It's like the universe does not want us on the roads at all hahaha. Two cars and a bus within a week! Isn't it pretty sick?
Aja now I certainly got on the sidelines! I who should already be in bed and falling asleep. Now I have to hurry up and wash off the makeup.
Hope you were inspired by my party makeup!
Hugs to you and hope you also had a great start to 2021 ♥
Also read: Fastest party make-up (Can it go faster?)