One way to apply eye shadow that I have not done so much before, but which I now think is a very nice technique actually - is to moisten the eye shadow brush a little!
I still have primer underneath as usual + moisten with fixing mist (so not just water) so the durability is just as good.
What is the difference?
1. The difference is partly that shimmery shadows get a little more powder in them, they become a little more glowy or metallic.
2. It is also easier to get a shadow to attach better on top of another shadow, because dry on dry does not adhere as well. This is what I did in this make-up - first light brown over the entire lid, then darkened on the outer edge and a warm color on the inner edge, and then they attached very quickly and easily even though it is shadow on shadow :)
3. You can also make a little sharper edges and get more precision! For example. as I did at the outer edge of today's makeup.
Hope you like the look :)
Face primer - Paese Makeup Base (Matte)
Concealer - Pixi Pat Away Concealing Base (1 Cream)
Foundation - glo Pressed Base Foundation (Golden light)
Powder that neutralizes redness - glo Redness relief powder
Contouring - Paese Contouring Palette (2)
Rouge - Paese blush (35)
Fixing Mist - Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist
Powder - Paese Bamboo Silk Powder
Eyebrows - glo Micro Brow Liner (Dark brown)
By the way, this is exactly the kind of make-up that I feel very comfortable and nice in! It is dark and clear enough to "bring out" the finest in my features. But it is also so down to earth and neutral that it suits everything and every occasion :)
All eye shadows are applied with a dampened brush that I sprayed a little Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist on.
All four eye shadows come from the 4 palette glo Shadow Quartet (Bon Voyage)
- Eyeshadow primer, Pixi eye bright primer
Light brown shimmer shadow on the entire eyelid
- Fade the edges
- Dark brown eye shadow at the end of the eyelid and along the globe line
- Terracotta eye shadow at the inside of the eyelid and along the entire lower lash line + in a sharper "v-shape" at the outer edge
Light eye shadow in the corner of the eye and in the middle of the "v-shape"
- Black mascara on all lashes, Magnetic lash mascara