Now I feel that there has been a bit of double standards here in the blog, when I last yesterday tipped about Depends gel polish.
What I did not know, as I know now, is that several people have had allergic reactions from this! And when I heard that, I remember reading a comment on Helen Torsgården's blog (I do not remember which post) where a girl wrote that she had an allergy from Depends Gellack.
For most people it works well, I have never talked to anyone who has experienced it differently, but then I saw this movie and then started googling a bit, and it's not just one and two who have had problems with allergic reactions.
The cause is not really known, but itchy fingers, blisters, sores and pain are some of the less fun symptoms. The girl in the video has even got a reaction in her eyes!
“I woke up in the middle of the night because it burned my arms, hands, eyes and décolleté. It stung, it itched and I was going crazy ” says the girl in the movie. Then she got blisters and sores, and it took a long time before it healed, you can see in the film that her fingertips are still injured. Another girl in the film says that it hurt so much that she could not even touch a cotton ball.
Sick! If you continue / start using this, be careful when you apply, and if you get the slightest symptoms, stop immediately! I have read that some have not understood that it is precisely the gel polish that caused the reaction, and continue to use it, which of course makes it all worse.