Allergy to Depends Gellack

    - Advertisement -

    Now I feel that there has been a bit of double standards here in the blog, when I last yesterday tipped about Depends gel polish.

    What I did not know, as I know now, is that several people have had allergic reactions from this! And when I heard that, I remember reading a comment on Helen Torsgården's blog (I do not remember which post) where a girl wrote that she had an allergy from Depends Gellack.


    For most people it works well, I have never talked to anyone who has experienced it differently, but then I saw this movie and then started googling a bit, and it's not just one and two who have had problems with allergic reactions.

    The cause is not really known, but itchy fingers, blisters, sores and pain are some of the less fun symptoms. The girl in the video has even got a reaction in her eyes!

    - Advertisement -

    “I woke up in the middle of the night because it burned my arms, hands, eyes and décolleté. It stung, it itched and I was going crazy ”  says the girl in the movie. Then she got blisters and sores, and it took a long time before it healed, you can see in the film that her fingertips are still injured. Another girl in the film says that it hurt so much that she could not even touch a cotton ball.

    depend allergy gellack
    This is what her fingers looked like after healing.

    Sick! If you continue / start using this, be careful when you apply, and if you get the slightest symptoms, stop immediately! I have read that some have not understood that it is precisely the gel polish that caused the reaction, and continue to use it, which of course makes it all worse.

    Be careful!

    - Advertisement -
    Helena Amiley
    I write mostly about beauty but also offer glimpses from the entrepreneurial life and the construction of our own camper van. Vanlife here we come!


    1. Hello! Can soneone help me with translation… .im sorry but im from Slovenia… so i was trying to understand the post… .i have the same problems… big allergy reaction on this gellack… it is eaching and really dont know what to do ..i was using depend gellack for one year and everything was ok but .but now for the third time i got the same raction like on the foto… what is wrong? please some one for the answer… best regards to everyone…

      • Hello! What a shame that you have had an allergic reaction to Depend Gellack, there are very many here in Sweden who have been there and Depend Gellack may no longer be sold here! You have had an allergic reaction due to uncured acrylates in the nail polish that can give a reaction in contact with the skin, and there's probably not much more you can do except stop using gellack and wait until your fingers heal. Do you have a lot of problems you can go to a doctor who may be able to help you in any way to speed up the healing process. Hope it goes well for you!

    Write a comment! :)

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Related posts

    Latest posts