Here is a post about making the eyes bigger while the look is natural and everyday. Because most often when you do make-up that enlarges a lot, you like to use darker colors for more contrast to the light and the result is often more make-up than what many people want in everyday life.
If you like the look, can I make a movie on how to do it too? It's pretty simple! :)
Here you see before and after eye makeup. Surely there is a difference? :)
I have covered properly with foundation and concealer also around the eyes, which is important to conjure away all natural shadows and make the eyes more "flat". I do this to then be able to create my own shadows where I want them to draw out the look a little more.
I have lit up with both a light eye shadow and with a beige / off-white eyeliner pencil. Light opens up the eye and gives a "popping effect" where you apply a shade that is lighter than the skin tone.
A shade that is darker than the skin tone creates depth, and highlights what we have brightened, which also enhances the enlarging effect.
Pull out and open your eyes
Darken down with dark shadow a little further up, a little further out and a little further down than you do if you follow the eye's own shape.
I have also put mascara in just the tops of the lower lashes, which also creates the illusion that the eyes are more open. I made the lower lashes light with eyeliner in the roots of the lashes, you can use a white mascara as well, but for a natural look, I prefer a beige tone more. Beige / off-white becomes more discreet as chalk white stands out more and is easy to look greyish if you do not get a nice chalk white shade.
Foundation - Pixi H2O Skintint (Nude)
Concealer - gloMinerals Under Eye Concealer (beige)
Contouring - Paese Bronzer (1m)
Rouge - gloMinerals Powder blush (papaya)
Powder - Paese Bamboo Silk Powder
Makeup fixing mist - Pixi makeup fixing mist
I have used Paese Matte Eyeshadow Trio in shade 101, both the lightest and the darkest.
Make up your eyes bigger step by step:
- Eyeshadow primer, Pixi eye bright primer
Light eye shadow on the entire eyelid and out towards the nose
- … And under the brow
- … And lower lash line
- Brown eyeshadow over the globe line (a little higher up to give the illusion of larger eyelids)
- … And during lower lash line and outer corner of the eye so that you "tie together" the brown shadow on the top and bottom.
- Black, thin eyeliner along the upper lash line, gloMinerals Precise Micro Eyeliner (black)
- Beige eyeliner along the waterline and in the "scalp" of the lower lashes, gloMinerals Eye Pencil (Peach)
- Brown eyeshadow (same as before, it looks darker just because I apply more with a compact brush) in the outer corner of the eye and outwards as a weak wing to lift the gaze.
- Black mascara on the upper lashes, Magnetic lash mascara
- Black mascara i the peaks on the lower lashes.
Did you like the post about making your eyes bigger? Is there anything you will test?
Can also tip about my post about that apply an eyeliner of eye shadow. :)