I love doing super creative and colorful makeup, but one of the most fun things about blogging about makeup is getting to see makeup that many will actually recreate at home! That is, a little simpler make-up both in the design but also easy to wear up to all different occasions :)
Here is such a makeup that I think many of you will have use for. It is a very simple sweeping in brown and gold where I have applied the darkest at the bottom of the eyelid and then gradually lighter eye shadows upwards towards the globe line.
So instead of doing a soft sweep with just a dark brown shade that you get to blur, blur, blur, you instead change to a lighter color (I have used a total of 3 colors) and thus automatically create a soft, faded transition without having to work much at all with the makeup brushes.
Hope my step by step will be helpful!
All eye shadows are from the palette glo Skin Beauty Mixed Metals, they are the ones with a white dot that I have used in this make-up!
And here you see a swatch image of all the shadows in the palette :)
A make-up that emphasizes the eyes, but is at the same time so soft that it is suitable for both everyday and festive occasions.
An easy way to make it more festive is to paint more eyeliner and mascara, dark eyeliner along the lower waterline, more eye shadow on the underside of the eyes and / or supplement with a more prominent lip color e.g. red lipstick.
An easy way to make it more discreet and casual is to skip the eyeliner completely, apply less eye shadow (or nothing at all) on the underside of the eyes and / or choose a more neutral lip color.
- Eyeshadow primer, Pixi eye bright primer
Brown eye shadow at the bottom of the eyelid, applied with Nanshy Pencil brush
- Fade out the brown shade a bit with the same brush
- Warm, brown eye shadow over the dark, applied with Nanshy Pencil brush
- Golden eye shadow over the warm brown, applied with Nanshy tapered crease brush and then fade out with Nanshy Blending brush.
- Black eyeliner, Kryolan HD Cream Liner (Ebony)
- Dark brown shade also along the lower lash line, applied with Nanshy Pencil brush
- Light beige / gold eye shadow in the corner of the eye and on the inside of the outer corner of the eye, applied with Nanshy Pencil brush
White eye shadow right in the corner of the eye, applied with Nanshy Pencil brush
- Black mascara on the upper lashes, Magnetic Last Mascara
Hope you liked the look! :) ♥